While it’s hard to know exactly when the snow will melt off of the turf, the start of the 2019 season is getting closer. The new season starts on March 11th, and we can now check off another one of the remaining off-season/pre-season events; the annual Parent-Player Meeting was held on Wednesday (2/27).
The returning coaching staff met with over a hundred individuals, made up of both adults and students, and discussed such topics as roles & expectations, apparel & equipment, schedules, and team philosophies. If you couldn’t make it, but plan to play this spring, make sure to check out the notes (below), fill in the contact form on our website, and check into the Athletic Office and let them know you are planning to play (so forms can be checked to make sure you are legally ready to begin on the first day of practice).
Players, Parents, and Coaches came together on January 18th for their Annual review of expectations and guidelines heading into the season. In case you missed it, review the presentation notes below and review highlighted policies in our team handbook (especially if this is your first year playing at LMHS).
If any of what was covered takes priority, it is:
- Ordering apparel–Review the Required Items and the Seasonal Webstore pages (on the Shop tab above).
- Orders are due by February 1.
- There are two order forms, one mostly made up of apparel for players to use during practices and games, and the other with things like our annual t-shirt, hoodies, half-zips, and other non-essentials ( but really cool, nonetheless).
- Once this window closes on the 1st, it will not reopen and your chance to get these items will have passed
- Checking to see that all required forms are in.
- Before a player can begin practicing (March 13) all of the forms below must be completed and on file. A list of players who have signed up to play will be submitted at the end of the week, and can be checked with Coach Brinkmeyer, beginning Monday.
- Required forms can be found on the High School’s Athletic Website
- Medical cards can be picked up in the Athletic Office or from Coach Brinkmeyer
On Friday, players met with Coach Brinkmeyer, who set the preseason timeline in motion, beginning this November. Players who missed the meeting can stop in and get a handout, and can review the presentation below to find out what they missed.
Upcoming events include our first Open Gym (Nov 7) and Fitness Testing (Nov 8).